Central to the CENV philosophy is the belief that when one plants a S.E.E.D. (Support, Empower, Educate, Develop), strong communities will grow. To facilitate this movement, CENV offers one-to-one mentoring, tutoring, adult education workshops, support for teen parents, leadership training, and much more. These services empower personal growth, support academic success and educate people toward developing self-sufficiency.
The name, Community Empowerment Northern Virginia, comes from our belief in the importance of community. Our goal is to connect those who need a helping hand with those willing to offer one. The essayist, Robert Finch, once wrote,
“True belonging is born of relationships not only to one another, but to a place of shared responsibilities and benefits. We love not so much what we have acquired that what we have made and whom we have made it with.”
CENV values and encourages these shared responsibilities as we work toward making our community great. Our mission: planting the S.E.E.D. that grows strong communities.
The family of the 21st century is challenged by an increasingly hectic and difficult world. These difficulties can include domestic troubles, substance abuse, financial worries, and the lure of gangs and delinquency, which threaten our youth daily, both physically and emotionally. CENV is committed to providing community-based services that support, guide and inspire families to build the skills necessary to prevent these crises. Through the hard work of our dedicated staff and volunteers we will continue to plant the S.E.E.D. that grows strong communities. CENV is constantly seeking to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthening families in their goal toward self-sufficient, successful lives by supplying vital resources and providing them with a sense of community.
- Educating community members through the implementation of workshops, programs, and more.
- Empowering families toward the discovery of their true potential.
- Developing community services which complement and refine existing assistive services in the area.
- Together, Community Empowerment Northern Virginia and Bright Future Outreach are helping build a strong community.